Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly - Reflection


Youth in Revolt by C. D. Payne\
Uglies Scott Westerfeld

Pages this Week: 368
Pages this Quarter: 1326


So far I've noticed that I have been reading more habitually than previous semesters. The other books that I used to read were the school required reading and I had no time to read "for fun" books. With the required reading, I would find any excuse to not read. With this style of reading, I make time to read. Instead of being on the computer or watching tv I open my book and read. I am surprised that I have actually read over 1,000 pages this semester. I never previously counted the pages I've read in a quarter but I know that 1,000 pages of required reading would not be as much fun as free reading.

I find myself reading in-between classes, in the small timeframe between school and band, around dinner time, and before bed. I usually read on the couch with the TV on, set to a show that I've previously watched or have no interest in watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment