Thursday, October 13, 2011

Currently - Quotes of the Quarter

Youth in Revolt by C. D. Payne

Pages read last week: 158
Pages total: 958


Quotes of the Quarter:

1.  "I'm not speaking to her right now. Last Monday I came back from two miserable days in my dad's custody to find she had painted my bedroom a ghastly pink. She said she had read this color was widely used in hospitals to calm mental patients. I told her I wasn't mentally ill, I was just a teenager. Meanwhile, I am now embarrassed to invite my friends over." -Youth in Revolt

2. "You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick? Then there's other people, when you meet them you think, "Not bad. They're okay." And then you get to know them and... and their face just sort of becomes them. Like their personality's written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful." - Amy Pond from Dr. Who 



3."I am crazier than shirttails / In the wind, when you’re near, a wind that blows from / The big blue sea, so shiny so deep and so unlike us" - "To You" by Kenneth Koch

These quotes intrigue me. The first quote is plain amusing because it shows the relationship between teenagers and their parents. The second quote is romantic and makes you think of that one special person in your life. The third quote paints a picture of romance.




No comments:

Post a Comment