Friday, September 9, 2011

Currently

Book(s):
Turnabout by Margaret Maddix

Pages this week: 223
Pages total: 473

Sentences of the Week:

1.  "She wished she'd been able to see her funeral. Then she could have understood what she meant to people." -Turnabout 
I like this quote because I agree with this statement. I would like to be able to watch my funeral to understand what I meant to people and how people viewed me. I like the psychology about how people think and perceive others. 

2. "If you worried about your kids fighting over who got Aunt Mary's good china, and who got Uncle George's gun collection, think about what this battle'd be like! Who's with me on this?" - Anny Beth Flick from Turnabout.
This quote is cool in context with the story and by itself. This shows the character's personality and how she is a good motivator. Plus it's just amusing.

3. "Why is it that for the first half of my life I couldn't find a single honest person to hang around with? My relatives, my husbands, my friends, my kids--all of them would tell a lie as easily as they breathed, and not think a thing of it. A promise was like . . . like spit, something you made and got rid of and didn't worry about it. And now-- now when I really need to lie and break promises-- I'm stuck with the only moral person in this whole dang century." - Anny Beth Flick from Turnabout
This quote amuses me because Anny Beth is going off on a tantrum, and for some reason I find some tantrums to be hilarious. Also, the comparison involving spit amused me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment